Providence Health & Services RN Emergency Services *$20,000. Sign On Bonus* in Olympia, Washington
Providence is calling a Registered Nurse (RN) (0.8 FTE, Day Shift) to work in Emergency Services at Providence St. Peter
Hospital in Olympia, WA.
$20,000 Hiring Bonus for eligible external candidates who meet all conditions for payment - this is in addition to the fantastic benefits and compensation package offered by Providence that begin on your first day of employment. Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern system.
The Registered Nurse (RN) provides professional, comprehensive nursing care for patients in an acute care environment. Accountable for the delivery of coordinated, safe, compassionate, therapeutic, evidence-based quality care to patients and families, based on individual physical, emotional, and spiritual needs, and appropriate care strategies throughout the lifespan. Practices in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act in the state of employment, the American Nurses Association (ANA) Code of Ethics for Nurses, and the ANA scope and standards of practice. Key functions and specific skills for the job are found in the unit specific onboarding checklist and in standards that are applicable to the specialty.
In this position you will:
• Employs Nursing Professional Practice: Assesses, diagnoses, plans, implements and evaluates patients’ care. Develops, updates and coordinates the patient’s plan of care to achieve patient goals and to optimize outcomes and transitions across the care continuum. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate. Performs and maintains currency of essential competencies as required by specific area of hire and populations served.
• Advocates: Effectively advocates for ethical and holistic care by partnering in care planning to promote the autonomy, dignity, rights, values and beliefs of those we serve.
• Facilitates Learning: Fosters a learning environment for patient/families, nursing, and other members of the healthcare team including students; faitates formal and informal learning for patient/families, nursing, other members of the healthcare team, and community.
• Aligns Practice with Safety and Quality: Accountable for safety, identifies and corrects problems, and integrates evidence, and best practice into nursing care; uses data and evidence to improve patient outcomes. Aligns patient safety, self-safety and environmental safety as equally important for best outcomes.
• Engages in Professional Development: Engages in ongoing professional development; practices to the top of license within the legal parameters of the Nurse Practice Act, the Nursing Social Policy Statement, the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses, and specialty standards. Promotes a culture of inquiry that explores, integrates and disseminates research and evidence based practice.
• Leads in the Practice Setting & Community: Leads and coordinates teams, appropriately delegates, coordinates care and collaborates with others as equal members of the inter-professional care team to integrate nursing knowledge. Models professional behaviors as a representative of the nursing profession.
Required qualifications this position include:
Nursing degree/diploma required upon hire.
Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or higher within 3 years of hire. Or equivalent educ/experience
A RN with 20 years of RN experience will not be required to obtain a BSN.
Any previously agreed upon effective date for obtaining a Bachelor’s degree in nursing between individual and facility will remain in effect.
Any collective bargaining contract with specific time frames for obtaining a Bachelor’s degree in nursing will supersede the above point and will remain in effect.
Exceptions will be considered on a case-by-case basis at each facility by the most senior administrative nursing leader in consultation with the Human Resources leader.
RNs employed prior to 1/1/17 are encouraged to obtain a Bachelor’s degree or higher degree in Nursing, but obtaining the degree will not be a condition of employment.
1 year Acute care experience working with the patient population similar to department of hire or completion of the specialty residency located at that facility.
Unencumbered RN license in state(s) of hire, and wherever care is delivered. If RN holds a multi-state license through the Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC), the RN must adhere to the requirements of licensure in the new state(s) of hire.
Current Basic Life Support (BLS) card must be from the following authorized governing bodies: American Heart Association (AHA) - (BLS Provider), American Red Cross (ARC) - (BLS for Health Care Provider), or Military Training Network (MTN) – (BLS Provider) upon hire.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
Bachelor’s degree in nursing upon hire.
National Certification in area of specialty is preferred, unless otherwise indicated.
About the hospital you will serve:
Providence St. Peter Hospital is a 390-bed, not-for-profit regional teaching hospital. Located in Olympia, WA, St. Peter
offers comprehensive rehabilitation, medical, surgical and behavioral health services. We have been ranked as one of the
top 100 hospitals and as one of 10 premier healthcare employers in the nation and have recently achieved the coveted
Magnet®" recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center®. Our hospital rests on a 173-acre campus, much
of which includes natural forest and preserved wetlands that maintain a healing environment for patients and staff.
Benefits and Retirement:
Do you have questions on how this position may impact your benefits or retirement? AskHR has answers! Contact the
HR Service Center at 888-687-3753, submit an AskHR through the HRPortal; https://caregiver.ehr.com/ or visit the
Road2Retirement site; https://road2retirement.org/.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Emergency Nursing
Req ID: 330441