Providence Health & Services LPN - Emergency Services in Olympia, Washington
Providence Health and Servicesis calling a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (0.9 FTE, Variable Shift) to Providence St. Peter Hospital, Emergency Services in Olympia, WA.
An Emergency Center Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) provides practical nursing functions, bedside care, respiratory care, phlebotomy, splinting, and patient teaching in a fast paced episodic setting. An EC LPN requires the ability to prioritize and organize multiple tasks. This work is done under the direction of an RN or EC Provider.
In this position you will:
• Utilize the assigned ESI triage level to assist in determining the patient’s plan of care, frequency of assessments/re-assessments.
• Independently, collect and document routine assessment data used to modify and adjust plans of care.
• Provide nursing care in collaboration with the Provider and/or RN.
• Insert, monitor and trouble shoot peripheral intravenous lines.
Required qualifications for this position include:
• Graduate of an approved Practical Nurse Program.
• Experience in an emergency department or fast paced clinic setting.
• Ability to respond to visual and auditory alarms and intercoms.
• Current Washington State Licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
• Advanced Cardiac Life Support Class (ACLS within 6 months of hire).
• Participation in a Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) class is required within 12 months of hire and throughout employment as an EC LPN.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
• Familiarity with computerized documentation is preferred.
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence St. Peter Hospital is a 390-bed, not-for-profit regional teaching hospital. Located in Olympia, WA, St. Peter offers comprehensive rehabilitation, medical, surgical and behavioral health services. We have been ranked as one of the top 100 hospitals and as one of 10 premier healthcare employers in the nation and have recently achieved the coveted Magnet®" recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center®. Our hospital rests on a 173-acre campus, much of which includes natural forest and preserved wetlands that maintain a healing environment for patients and staff.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: LPN/LVN
Req ID: 252094